Thursday, March 31, 2011

As of Late…

Neon Dynamite softball is in full swing (no pun intended) and our record is 3-1!  Our team is not only skilled, but also hilarious and fun!  At one point this week while on the field, we encountered a “pickle,” to which multiple Neon Dynamitans yelled “pickle!!” while it was happening.  Case and point.  And for the record, we did get the out. J  I couldn’t imagine a better way to spend my Monday nights! 



I was asked to help a radio station with a music research event.  My coworker and I did the check-in for the event and it was all so mysterious.  The participants did not know who asked them to join the research, nor did we.  The room was filled with 59 women and they were asked to listen to around 400 song clips and rate them.  We were all paid in cash at the end.  Because I knew nothing of the purposes or who put on the event, my imagination ran wild into thinking that we were all part of some elaborate human experiment.  I still don’t know the whats or the whos of the event, but for 3 hours that night, I wished I had majored in psychology.

I am loving reading through the book of John again.  I am recalling old lessons learned as well as learning new ones.  I am also loving reading “To Kill a Mockingbird.”

I went to two weddings on the same day.  Both weddings were perfectly designed for the bride and groom, but couldn’t have been more different.  I truly felt like my life was a movie when I jumped in the car after wedding #1 with my 3 besties and then 3.5 hours later we were in a different state at a different wedding in a different dress.  Here’s to wedding season!  I love people in love!

Elizabeth helped me to cross off #41 on my list!




I wore a gold sparkly headband and got called the following nicknames: Cleopatra, glitter head, princess, hippie, fairy, Wonder Woman, dancing queen, and was told that “if Pocahontas was still alive, she would be jealous of my headband.”

In the past week, I have: taken my car in to get the window fixed, gotten a haircut, gotten my bridesmaid dress altered, gotten an oil change, gotten my teeth cleaned, and dusted my room.  I literally had to do maintenance on my life.  Phew, boring errands officially over for now. 

The two biggest surprises: my cupcakes have been made 5 times since their debut appearance earlier this month and I am currently 1st and 2nd place in my two bracket pools!  All too shocking!

Coming up, I am: working Pine Cove’s Free Family Day in Columbus, TX this weekend.  Attending my first crawfish boil (take that, #76!). Being a bridesmaid in Arian’s wedding.  Visiting my sister in Boston. 

Life is great and rich and fun.

"From the fullness of his grace, we have all received one blessing after another."
-John 1:16 

No comments:

Post a Comment