Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Surprise Visits

Today two of my best friends came to surprise visit me at work!  I was just working away at my desk, when all of a sudden I hear, “so do you want to go to lunch today?”  I look up, and you can imagine my surprise when I see my two blondie friends from college!  My jaw dropped to the ground, my heart started pounding, and I was on fire—you know, all the usual symptoms of when I am surprised/shocked/extremely excited.  

As it turns out, they had been in contact with other people at work and my whole department was on guard to make sure I didn’t make other lunch plans for today (which I was in the process of doing before the girls arrived).  I was so excited to see them and just couldn’t believe they would drive all the way down here just for lunch!! 

Jill & Liz!

In college, we had all of our classes together, student taught together, and hung out all the time.  In our classes, we were known as “the three blondes” and our teachers constantly mixed up our names.  Furthermore, people always ask if we are triplets, which is just fun!  There is one more blonde that is a part of the Blonde Brigade, Gage, but he still lives in Oklahoma.  The four of us made quite the pack back in our glory days.  J 

Surprises are undoubtedly the way to my heart!  As you can imagine, my heart is so happy and full today.  I am continually amazed and so blessed by my friends, who are just the BEST.  I have been blessed in having so many great friends in so many cities and states. 

Well, I guess that was my first post on my new blogging “adventure.”  I think my next post will be my list for 2011.  I am reminded of this list because one of the items on it is to “surprise visit someone.”  You could be the lucky recipient of a surprise visit as I cross that off my list.  Take it from me—it’s one of the best things ever!

Well, signing off.  Keep it sunny, everyone.

6 comments:

  1. Is that a turtleneck you're wearing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You = ADORABLE! I, too, cannot resist a good surprise! I LOVE being the SupriseR, but don't mind being the surprisEE!

    ...and being in Peru...well, makes for lots of surprise opportunities :)

    I LOVE YOU AND YOUR BLOG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so many this post had nothing to do with me...but we're still biffs for life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Esther, I think I'm going to need a post dedicated to my awesomeness. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete