Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Thankful for: my family




My sister.
This girl will make you laugh so much! Jill is sarcastic beyond words. But what you may not know at first glance is that under all the sarcasm she has a heart of gold, which is so sensitive to others. She is so loyal and will have your back for life. No matter what. We are only 16 months apart, so we are close in every way possible. I also don’t hate it that we can share clothes…although that doesn’t do us much good now that she lives in Boston.

My brother.
I know I said my sister can make me laugh, but my brother is by far the wittiest and funniest person I’ve ever known in real life! Justin is the owner of 3 record stores, Guestroom Records, and has a very creative and innovative mind. He is very caring and takes care of the people around him, especially his wife. He surprise visited me in Tyler and drove down just to take me to lunch one day last spring. I know that I could count on him for anything.

My sister-in-law.
I am so happy for the older sister I got in who my brother married! Julie is so sweet and caring. She may be quieter than the rest of us, but that doesn’t mean she can’t laugh and joke with the best of us! She has been such a great addition to our family and it was so natural for her to become a Sowers (and it didn’t hurt that she has a “J” name!).

My mom.
My mom is one of the most loving people I’ve ever known. She will love anyone’s socks off, but also isn’t afraid to shoot you straight. She is definitely a servant and loves to take care of people. What I have come to appreciate as I’ve gotten older is how she loves people by taking care of the details. I am lacking in this area, so I extra love this about her! My mom ALWAYS encourages me to go on adventures and I love that.  I am also so thankful for her accounting/financial help in my life…gotta love that accounting brain of hers!

My dad.
In a lot of ways, I am my father’s daughter. Most of my obvious traits, I get from him. My love for people most definitely comes from him, and this, of course, is something that I love about him! He will talk to absolutely anyone around him and has a way of putting others at ease and making them feel loved and welcomed. My dad pays attention to the details of my personality and always lets me know that he loves me and is proud of me. I feel so supported by him. And where would I be if my dad hadn't always told me these two things: "Jen, pay attention to what's going on around you" and "Don't forget to leave time to have some fun (not that I necessarily struggled with this, but great that Dad supports this)."

No comments:

Post a Comment