Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Denver Adventures

This past weekend, Kyndell and I waved goodbye to the piney woods of East Texas and bounded for the Rocky Mountains in Denver! We went to visit one of our besties, Diana! The whole weekend was a total blast and full of fun adventures, LOTS of laughing, and an absurd amount of pillowtalk.


We started the trip off with the best nachos I’ve ever had at Diana’s favorite restaurant. We sat on a patio with, of course, a sweet view of the mountains. I loved that this view was consistent the whole trip—no matter where we were, you could always spot the mountains. And it was 75 and sunny the whole time. Best. The rest of that night, we just sat on Diana’s couch and chatted life until our eyes wouldn’t cooperate anymore.


The next day, we shopped with reckless abandon, as there is nowhere to shop in Tyler. Kyndell’s 5 dresses later, we finished our time in downtown Denver. I love the downtown area in this city because it’s big, but it’s not crowded. And it’s a bustling city, but it’s clean. It was awesome!


The next day, we went to the Palm Sunday service at D’s church and then went on a mountainous adventure at Echo Lake! This was my favorite part of the trip. On our way there, we stopped at an outdoor amphitheater, which happened to be…incredible. By night, it’s the host of many concerts, but by day, it’s everyone’s personal workout venue. The hike was so pretty and full of unforeseen obstacles! We slid and sunk in the snow on numerous occasions, and by sunk, I do mean up to my hip at one point!


After our adventure, we went to BeauJoes (Translation: best pizza place ever), which included yumyum pizza, drinks in mason jars, and a killer view of the mountains in an adorably quaint town.



The trip, all in all, was so fun and refreshing. And there were a few great takeaways from the trip, but one seems to stand out above the rest. And I don’t mean Kyndell’s 5 dresses (which by the way, are super gorg!)…

I AM TRYING OUT FOR THE AMAZING RACE.

Seriously.

Somewhere between the concert venue and arriving at the lake, I got a text telling me that The Amazing Race was holding a casting call in Tyler and that “I had to apply.” WHAT? In Tyler, TX?? APRIL FOOL’S? I freaked out and started going on and on about how this is a life dream, would be the greatest adventure, etc. Meanwhile, Kyndell listens to me drone on and then volunteers as tribute…wait, I mean my partner.

So, from there it was off! We agreed to be partners, which launched us into non-stop brainstorming about our video, what skills we need to learn, what they look for in competitors, and, of course, “training.” IE: yesterday on our way to dinner with friends, we had a contest in the car to see who could hold their breath the longest. Training is round-the-clock until we get a “no” or at least until it’s clear that we didn’t get a “yes.”

You don’t know if you don’t try, right? If I can win blackout Bingo, then I feel like I can win almost anything, right? Flawless logic.  At the very worst, we will have a killer awesome video from this stage in life and always laughingly look back and say, “remember that time we tried out for a reality show?” At the very best, we will go on the adventure of a lifetime. Stay tuned, I’ll post our video when it’s done!

1 comment:

  1. May the odds be ever in your favour!! :) SO excited about you and KK trying out for the amazing race, as well as your amazing weekend in Denver!!

    ReplyDelete